Tuesday, September 4, 2007

10 New things I did in August ...


The month of August went by like a storm. Was mostly uneventful but here are a few things I did and achieved for the first time ever...

  1. Won a beer in Foosball at work.
  2. Worked till 10pm at work. It was fun as we had lunches and dinners together.
  3. Tasted Whisky and had vodka with cranberry juice.
  4. Read The Alchemist for the first time and have been thinking a lot about my past and present (and to a certain extend, my future) ever since.
  5. Regained contact with a very old friend after almost a decade. I learned never to make conclusions by knowing only one side of a conversation (and that too not entirely).
  6. Crashed my external hard drive and lost all of my precious data. Hope I will be able to recover at least some of it.
  7. Traveled by Amtrak for the first time. The journey was slow, uneventful, colorless and boring although a lot more comfortable and cheaper than a flight.
  8. Decided never would work for a big corporation where employees (even the CEO) are treated like cars in a parking lot, after seeing one.
  9. Blew a hundred dollars on something which I had thought I would never experience. (Guys who know what I am talking of, shut the fuck up).
  10. Went on a 3 mile trek with friends in Yosemite. The views were breathtaking and the water falls were amazing.

(Click pictures for high resolution.)

No comments: