Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Childhood ...


No..no .. You be the mommy and I'll be the baby ... You have to feed me ...
No ... I want to play princess, not mommy ...
OK, lets go and play something else then.
Shall we play hide and seek, theres so much place back there. There will be so many hiding places.

No lets play house house.

But we play that all the time...

You guys must be wondering "what the heck am I reading here" ... Well actually these were the exact words spoken by a bunch of lovely kids at the restaurant the other day when I went for dinner. There was lots more, but sadly, I can't remember any more. It must have been a party or something. Four families were occupying the four tables in the center of the restaurant, the parents occupied two tables while the kids were having the time of their life on the other two. They were all having dinner when I had first entered and written my name down for the maitre d to seat our group. By the time I was sitting at my table, the kids had finished and were running around playing all sorts of kids games. My best guess, they were all between 5-6 years of age.
Yes, I like kids. I love them. Its fun listening to them. They come up with all sorts of strange ideas for everything. They don't care for anything that doesn't concern them. Sometimes they don't even care if it's something that concerns them, 'coz what else are parents for. Enjoying a bindass life with no worries of yesterday, today or tomorrow or of anything for that matter. Aah... I wish I can go back in time.

No comments: