Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less


I just finished reading the book Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less By Jeffrey Archer, and what a good read it was. This is Jeffrey Archer's first book and reminds me of those plays of Shakespeare's that I used to read, especially 'All's well that ends well' and 'Comedy of errors' (Although, I must say that you may not have the same experience as I did).
It didn't feel like one of those regular novels, and was a very welcome change. Its a short story (time frame wise), the main plot spanning a little over a couple of months unlike Archer's other books which usually span over generations. It has a lot of drama, suspense and yeah a lot of comedy, especially the last few chapters.

I can sum up the whole plot with this one sentence taken from the book "Stevie, don't get cross, get even", which prompts the creation of the whole plot. I hope you, book enthusiasts, will read it if you haven't already and I assure you, you will enjoy it.

No comments: